This year’s theme for Common Ground 2021 is Growing Common Ground: People, Place, Shared Power. This is a great opportunity to initiate a Community Environmental Justice Network (CEJN) that is led by parents, youth, environmental organizations, and other stakeholders.
Through facilitated discussion, we will identify environmental health issues within our communities, connect individuals with similar issues to each other, work together to identify resources, and develop methods and strategies to address these concerns. The CEJN will maintain communication beyond the Common Ground discussion to develop impactful programming and advocacy strategies.
Some things to keep in mind:
1. You are welcome to bring your own marketing materials for your organization or upcoming event to display on the Resource Table.
2. Dress in comfortable outdoor clothing and prepare for the weather.
3. There is a shelter with seating, but feel free to bring a lawn chair or blanket.
4. COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed.
5. Be ready to explore, connect, and have fun in nature!
Common Ground Conversation Questions to ponder before arriving:
• How can we strengthen the connections between us to build community?
• Why does place matter?
• What would it look like to share power here?
Food, beverage, and supplies will be provided.